SCUBA Diving Sosua
SCUBA Diving Sosua – The premier destination on the north coast of The Dominican Republic to dive
Did you know that SCUBA diving is truly good for your health…mind, body and soul? You could be a beginner recreational diver interested in seeing the beautiful reefs of the sea. Or an experienced deep sea diver who travels to depths seldom seen by the human eye, scuba diving can provide numerous benefits. SCUBA diving Sosua, gives you the opportunity to receive those benefits…
Located in Sosua, on the north coast of the Dominican Republic (about 45 minutes from Amber Cove, the new Carnival Cruise port), Aqua Adventures by SCUBA dive Sosua offers SCUBA diving for divers of all levels, diving certification courses and snorkeling. Aqua Adventures is one of the only Dominican owned dive shops in the area.
Here are the Top 10 reasons to SCUBA dive written by the shops owner…
- Physical fitness: Swimming is one of the best modes of aerobic and anaerobic work we can do. It provides both a cardiovascular workout and a muscular workout as we move against the natural pressure of the water. This results in little, or no strain against our joints.
- Flexibility and strength: Your muscles work harder underwater as you move against the resistance of the current and the water itself. With this, you strengthen your muscles as well as develop your flexibility and endurance. Like swimming, you build muscles in your thighs and shoulders. Diving can help tone your different muscle areas, consequently giving you better posture.
- Natural Habitat: Most people have been to an aquarium in their lifetimes. But have you seen nature up close and personal, without the barriers?
- Breathing: Slow, deep breathing is important in scuba diving to optimize air consumption and bottom time. An added bonus is that deep, steady breathing promotes a calm attitude and reduces the risk of a lung-expansion injury.
- Stress reliever: Breathing slowly and deeply while diving induces a calm, relaxed state. The diver focuses on the underwater environment rather than thinking about problems they may be experiencing in daily life. This helps to reduce stress and balance the nervous system. A relaxed, calm state of mind has been proven to promote a positive attitude and prevent depression.
- Social health benefit: When go SCUBA diving Sosua, you meet other like-minded people that share that common interest. It’s easy to make friends among divers as you will find a sense of community among them. It’s an exhilarating feeling to surface from a dive full of wonderful memories of your experience and then to be able to talk about and share them with good companions who are just as excited as you are!
- Travel to warm climates: They say that travel is the best form of education. Most people relish in the experience of visiting new places, experiencing a different culture, and all the new sights and smells and tastes that go with it. Dive travel abroad also means you are likely to meet fun people from all over the world with whom you have a common interest.
- Sunlight: One of the most important benefits of sunlight is that it supplies the body with vitamin D, which promotes the absorption of calcium in the body and is also responsible for the transference of calcium within the cells. This provides strength to the bones and increases endorphin production in the brain, which contributes to a healthy nervous system.
- Improve blood circulation: While working all your body muscles simultaneously during a dive, you also give yourself a full cardiovascular workout. The muscles used require oxygen, so your blood vessels open for improved circulation to supply the needed oxygen.
- Reduce blood pressure: Related to exercising your circulatory system, SCUBA diving Sosua can also help lower blood pressure. There are studies reporting that those who dive on a regular basis are less likely to be prone to strokes and heart attacks.
SCUBA Dive Sosua is the primary SCUBA diving destination on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Divers of all levels can enjoy shallow reefs, shipwrecks, freshwater cave diving, deep water diving and possible encounters with humpback whales and other large creatures. There are several SCUBA diving sites in Sosua, including the Airport Wall, Three Rocks or Canyon which are perfect for shallow dives or training dives. There are also special dives like the dive on the Zingara Wreck.